Linthurst Road, Barnt green. Traditional 5 bed home, 2 bed annex set in 2.47 acres
Guide Price £1,599,950
Churston Court is an impressive 1930's family home set within approx 2.47 acres of both conservation and green belt. The charming property has 5 bedrooms with an integral 2 bed annex offering versatile living accommodation & further separate gym/office. Occupied by the same family for over 27 years and would be ideally suited for someone with an extended family or perhaps someone who needs a large home office.
Set behind a copper beach screened in- and -out tarmacadam drive with manicured lawns either side leading to the single garage, electric gates and block paved court yard and quadruple garage.
The welcoming accommodation briefly comprises: Grand reception hall with high ceiling and sweeping staircase and mahogany balustrade, study with built in solid oak desk, guest cloakroom with storage and wash hand basin and further door to guest water closet. The light airy triple aspect sitting room has feature fireplace, sun room with feature light lantern and double doors that open onto the southerly facing terrace and garden beyond, formal dining room with large glazed double doors over looking the pond, superbly fitted open plan Lee Longlands country style kitchen with centre marble topped island and further marble topped work surfaces. The kitchen also incorporates snug area and informal dining area, making it a perfect place for family gatherings. Rear inner lobby leading to traditional pantry and large fitted laundry room. From the laundry room and with access to both a triple aspect family room with double french doors opening to the bricked courtyard and access to the annex via rear staircase, offering ideal accommodation for extended family as it comprises sitting room/bedroom and further double bedroom with fully fitted bathroom. The sweeping staircase from the entrance hall leads to the first floor with a light and airy galleried landing over looking the front elevation, Principle bedroom with his & hers built in Canadian Oak wardrobes, Juilette balcony and contemporary en-suite shower room. Principle guest bedroom with fully fitted en-suite shower room , three further double bedrooms all having built in wardrobes and a Porcelanosa house bathroom.
To the rear of the property is a wrought iron gated bricked courtyard with quadruple garage and glass fronted studio/gym area with separate shower room and further room all having underfloor heating, also making an ideal area for someone who requires a large home office. The beautifully manicured tree lined grounds have a variety of established trees and well stocked borders with stone and brick terraces overlooking an ornate pond with waterfall.
The desirable semi rural village of Barnt green, lying to the south west of Birmingham city centre, has justifiably proved popular with aspiring home owners over many years. The bustling village is one of the main attractions with an enviable range of amenities including shops, butchers, boutiques, tea room, coffee shop, doctors surgery, optician, dentist and the train station. There is an excellent village school, nursery and wonderful countryside and canal side walks. Leisure activities come in abundance with tennis and squash cub, sailing club, cricket club.
The easily accessed comprehensive motorway network of M5/M42/M40 makes this an even more desirable location with Birmingham international airport 30 minutes drive away..
- An impressive in & out tarmacadam drive
- Inviting entrance hall with guest cloakroom and study
- Dual aspect sitting room with sun room
- Spacious dining room with french doors to patio
- Delightful dual aspect kitchen/dining room
- Separate pantry, good sized laundry room & gardener's w/c
- Family room/ second living room
- To the first floor is galleried landing with seating area
- Principle bedroom with en-suite shower room & juliette balcony overlooking the private gardens
- Principle guest bedroom having en-suite shower room & 3 further double bedrooms
- Contemporary house bathroom with walk in shower enclosure
- Integral Annex with versatile living accommodation which includes two good sized rooms & a bathroom
- Outside/electric gated block paved courtyard with Quadruple garage
- Quadruple garage with heating & gym/entertainment/ office complex attached to the rear
- Separate brick built single garage
- Beautifully landscaped front lawns with established trees that frame the impressive drive
- Stunning southerly facing tree lined grounds of appox 2.47 acres/1 hectare offering a path for local wildlife
Request a Viewing